Sunday, October 7, 2007

Adventures in Illustrator Land

I actually did this project. Using Illustrator at home and out of the stressful classroom enviorment helped me get the concept a lot easier. While creating my image I was learning how to really work the pen tool. The entire key to me figuring out how to use and make things was learning that you could double click on the anchor point and create a straight non curved line. Once I understood that double clicking concept it became much easier to control where my lines went. Every now and then I would try using the curved shape part of the tool. The shape climbs up towards the left hand side with a combination of organic and geometric shapes but it's rather contained, as a whole, toward the center of the paper. The free floating shapes were added to balance out negative space.

No comments: